Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day, dear friends. I really think this is a great day...aside from the cheesy character valentine cards and cheap chocolate candies, the idea that there is a whole day set aside just to celebrate Love is really cool.
And I have a great reason to celebrate today. No, not because I just bowled a 78 with my two favorite valentine boys. (I know, isn't that just amazing?) But because I am married to the sweetest valentine on the planet. Right now he's eating crackers, cheese and pickles with my other little valentine and telling him stories of his great-grandpa. I love it. No, I love him.
Gregory Noble wins my heart day after day after day. He is a man among men. He proves himself faithful, loving, gentle and devoted every morning and evening. My man loves Jesus and he loves me :)
And the only way I can explain this kind of love is because it begins and ends in the heart of God. Micah's memory verse for this week is "God is Love." I've been chewing on that.
God is Love
God is Love
God is Love
It is such sweet relief to my soul to thing that the I AM, The beginning and the end of all things, The One who always has been and always will be, The One who sits enthroned over all existence - That HE IS LOVE.
And He loves me. And you. And He knows us better than we know ourselves and He is absolutely enamored with us. We are His treasure...He considered us worth dying for. Now if that's not a Valentine hero, I don't know what is.
I pray today we consider ourselves deeply loved and the center of infinite loving affection.
Happy Valentines Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment